Preparing for Midterms
When midterms and finals are right around everyone gets a little nervous but there are always ways to prepare for such occasions. In order to prepare for tests, I like to relax and get a good night sleep to make sure I have rested. Make sure to study and try and ask your teachers if they have any sort of study guide to have some knowledge of what will be on the test. On your testing day try to wear something comfortable because it might be a long day. Try to have breakfast and be on time. Bring a book or something to do for when you are finished testing. Try to be prepared by bringing any resources that you can have with you. Try to bring snacks for after your test if you can have any. The most important thing is bringing some water to stay focused. Use your time wisely and you don’t know the answer for a question skip it and go to the next then come back. Midterms are just another assignment. Good luck on your midterms.
PS. Don't cry it won't help, I have already tried.
The Jeffree Star X Shane Dawson Pallet review
The beauty industry is valued at $532 billion and is projected to rise even more in the coming years. Popular Youtuber Shane Dawson has decided to dive headfirst into this market with friend and well-respected businessman Jeffree Star. Both worked for months upon months to create what we know now as the conspiracy collection. The collection ranges from palettes to lip gloss to even pig-shaped mirrors.
The collection comes in two sizes: The large Conspiracy collection and the smaller mini-controversy. The Conspiracy Palette comes with 16 different shades, each one referencing something different in the world of Shane Dawson. This can be seen with shade names “Diet Cola” and “Ranch.” Both showing Shane’s love for diet cola as well as referencing his popular conspiracy series. The Mini Controversy Palette comes with 9 different shades, each one referencing something different in the world of Shane Dawson, similar to the Conspiracy Palette.
After testing the products out myself, I quickly noted how easily the product applied to my skin. Being someone that has rarely used products such as these before, I was surprised at the simplicity and coverage. Two strokes of a brush would cover my entire eyelid and crease. Blending is another thing that the palette did well. Once learning how to blend product on my eye, the product was very easy to blend and to stack on top of each other if needed.
The formula used to create the palettes are of very high quality and easily apply on the skin. However, with such simple applications does come some drawbacks. The Palettes both have a high amount of debris after one to two uses, and some have reported hair-like fabric being embedded in their palette. Thankfully, the fabric issue was not present in my palette.
Overall, I really enjoyed playing with this palette and creating new and peculiar looks with ease.
There are many things that we enjoy to bake during fall time but one of my favorites is a pumpkin roll. In many families, some customs have become traditions over the years. The recipe for the bread is as follows.
Ø ¾ cup all-purpose flour
Ø ½ teaspoon baking powder
Ø ½ teaspoon baking soda
Ø 1 ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
Ø ½ teaspoon ground cloves
Ø ½ teaspoon salt
Ø 3 eggs
Ø ¾ cup granulated sugar
Ø 2/3 cup pure pumpkin
Ø 1 cup of walnuts chopped (optional)
Ø Bar of cream cheese
Ø ¼ cup of powdered sugar
Ø ½ teaspoon of vanilla
Ø 6 tablespoons of butter or margarine (softened)
Ø Preheat oven 375 o F. Prepare tray with wax paper, grease with margarine or butter.
Ø Prepare a towel by dumping it in cold water and rinsing it.
Ø Combine flour, cloves, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, granulated sugar, and baking soda. Beat eggs in a separate bowl then beat in pumpkin. Mix both substances and stir until ready. Spread into prepared pan make sure it is spread out evenly. Sprinkle with walnuts. (optional)
Ø Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or check by using a skewer to check if any crumbs stick to it. When cooked thoroughly take out of oven and flip onto prepared towel. Carefully remove wax paper from the cake and begin to roll the cake in the towel. Let it sit until cool.
Ø Beat cream cheese, vanilla extract, and butter, when cheese has softened add in powdered sugar. To apply the filling to the cake carefully unroll the cake and spread the mixture onto the cake once this is done re-roll the cake. Add leftover mixture to the ends, if desired.
Deming High School Supports
Top 5 Apps for School
Occasionally here and there, there is a situation when we’ll need a little bit of help. We have technology so why not use it to our advantage, so here are my top 5 apps for school.
1. Microsoft Outlook – This app can be connected to your school email to ensure that you receive important details for your class or that your wright your peers or educators back. As soon as someone emails you the app will send you a notification. The app also has a calendar to keep track of assignment and important dates.
2. Campus Student – Campus Student is an app that will give you updates on your grades. When a teacher inputs grades the app will inform you of what the teacher has just inputted. With this app you can also access your school schedule and you can even look at when a certain assignment will be due.
3. Forest – Forest is an app that makes sure you stay on task when you studying or working on schoolwork. You input the amount of time you would like to study or work for, and forest will plant a tree as soon as you start the time. If you try to leave the app and get off task, then forest will notify you to go back to the app before your tree dies. If you ignore the notification then, of course, your tree will die. This app will inspire you to study and grow as many trees as possible.
4. Microsoft Office Lens – This app is a document scanner. The app will scan your paper and turn it into a pdf. This app helps organize school papers and ensures that you don’t lose them. You can easily access all your scanned papers with the app or gallery.
5. Quizlet – Want to be prepared for that exam that’s coming up? Then this app is right for you. This app will find flashcards about any topic. Let’s say you have a Math exam next week and you need to study. Quizlet will find a math flashcard set based on what you need to study. All you must do is search for your specific topic in the app. Quizlet even has practice tests. I promise you that you’ll ace that exam.
When in Doubt Think it Out
Doubt is a mental state in which the mind remains suspended between two or more contradictory propositions, unable to assent to any of them. Doubt on an emotional level is indecision between belief and disbelief. It may involve uncertainty, distrust or lack of conviction on certain facts, actions, motives, or decisions. Doubt can result in delaying or rejecting relevant action out of concern for mistakes or missed opportunities.
The concept of doubt as a suspense between two contradictory propositions covers a range of phenomena: on a level of the mind it involves reasoning, examination of facts and evidence and on an emotional level believing and disbelieving
In premodern theology doubt was "the voice of an uncertain conscience" and important to realize, because when in doubt "the safer way is not to act at all".
Doubt sometimes tends to call on reason. Doubt may encourage people to hesitate before acting, and/or to apply more rigorous methods. Doubt may have particular-importance as leading towards disbelief or non-acceptance.
Politics, ethics and law, with decisions that often determine the course of individual life, place great importance on doubt, and often foster elaborate adversarial processes to carefully sort through all available evidence.
Societally, doubt creates an atmosphere of distrust, being accusatory in nature and de facto alleging either foolishness or deceit on the part of another. Such a stance has been fostered in Western European society since the Enlightenment, in opposition to tradition and authority.
How To De-Stress
Did you know stress kills brain cells and reduce the size of your brain? Yes, its true. Chronic stress reduces the size of the frontal cortex, the part of the brain that is responsible for memory and learning. We’ve all experienced stress at some point. Sometimes its from school or our personal life, but the stressors have the same effect on our mind and body, so here are some ways to destress.
1. Avoid Caffeine. Caffeine is a stimulant found in tea, chocolate, energy drinks, and coffee. High doses of caffeine can increase anxiety.
2. Can’t focus because to much is on your mind? Then write it down. I guarantee, you’ll feel relieved and not overwhelmed. I would suggest you keep a journal on your nightstand that way every night you could write down your thoughts and you’ll be able to sleep without worrying about anything.
3. Chew gum. Chewing gum has scientifically been proven to cause similar brain waves to those who are relaxed and chewing gum promotes flow to the brain.
4. Most stressors are in your control, take control over the parts of your life that stress you out. Its okay to say no especially if you usually take on more than you can handle.
5. Don’t Procrastinate. Procrastination can be very stressful especially when you’re up at 3 a.m. working on an assignment that’s due the next day. Stay on top of your priorities and it will save you the headache.
6. Cuddle. Cuddling and kissing can help release oxytocin and lower cortisol. Positive physical contact can help lower blood pressure and heart rate.
7. Use soothing essential oils to help you relax and be stress free. Here are some of the most soothing and stress reliving oils:
e. Roman chamomile
k. Tea Tree
8. Spend time with friends and family. One study found that women in particular, spending time with friends and children helps release oxytocin, a natural stress reliever. Another study found that men and women with fewest social connections were more likely to be depressed or suffer from anxiety.
9. Finally, don’t forget to laugh. It’s very hard to feel stressed and anxious when smiling. A study among cancer patients found that the laughter intervention group experienced more stress relief than those who were simply distracted.
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Teens
Are you ever disappointed when you look into your stocking? Are your kids disappointed when they look into their stuffing? That is why we have created this list of must need and cute stocking stuffer gifts.
1. Headphones- Practically every teen listen to music so why not give them their needs.
2. Cozy socks- Cozy socks are a basic but cute stocking stuffer gift, they are a must need.
3. Phone Case- I’m sure you or your teen have a phone so why not get them a case to protect that pricey phone, or new phone if you got them a new phone for Christmas.
4. Candy/Candy Canes-Candy and candy canes are just another basic but cute stocking stuffer gift, again, they are a must need.
5. Video Game-A lot of teens have a ps4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and etc. so why not get them a game for their gaming console.
6. Charger- A charger is a basic need for anyone with a phone so why not spice it up and put a fancy charger in a stocking stuffer.
7. Makeup- Small makeup or makeup accessories are a great idea for your teen.
8. Face mask- Face masks are a great idea for stockings because it gives teens a little relax time.
9. Cologne/perfume- Cologne and perfume are hygienic needs for teens so why not ensure they keep fresh and clean by putting some in their stocking.
Holiday Face Masks
1. The Gingerbread Facial Scrub: Ingredients:
i. ¼ cup of sweet almond oil
ii. ¼ cup of raw honey
iii. 2 tsp of ground ginger
iv. 1 cup brown sugar
v. 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
vi. 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions: Mix all dry ingredients first and then wet ingredients last. Make sure the mixture is well incorporated. Finally apply
2. Mocha Frappuccino Face and Body Scrub: Ingredients:
i. 2tbsp of fresh ground coffee
ii. 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
iii. 3 tbsp milk, heavy cream, or plain yogurt
iv. 1tbsp honey
Instructions: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Ally to face and then let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse it off gently, scrubbing in a circular motion.
3. Peppermint Sugar Scrub: Ingredients:
i. ½ coconut oil
ii. 10-15 drops of peppermint extract or essential oil
iii. 1 cup of sugar
Instructions: Melt coconut oil in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, let it cool for 5 minutes when tooken out of microwave. Stir in the rest of ingredients and then apply to skin using circular motion.
Joannavargs.com. 17 December 2018. 12 November 2019. <>.
How to Improve Handwriting
Do you hate your handwriting? Is your handwriting just straight up ugly, like ugly up to the point where not even yourself can read it? Well lucky for you your reading the right article. This article will give you some tips to improve your handwriting.
To improve your handwriting, you’ll need a bit of motivation. What is motivating you to change/improve your handwriting? Is it because you need it to be legible or maybe because you just want to switch things up and have those aesthetically pleasing notes? If you need help looking for inspiration/motivation you can follow an Instagram page that has beautiful and inspiring handwriting.
Next, you’ll need to write down your old handwriting, for example write your ABC’s both uppercase and lowercase and then a short sentence. Then Look at the font you wish to write similar to and practice writing your ABC’s and that same short sentence. This will help you see what the difference is between both handwriting. Keep practicing until you feel comfortable writing in your knew handwriting.
Spice it up. Add some color or cute little drawing to your notes to make them aesthetically pleasing. If you are looking for stationary to spice up your notes, I would recommend Zebras Mildliners (creative double-ended markers), Muji gel pens, and Muji pencils. This is only a small list of stationary, but you could search on amazon note taking stationary and you’ll find a lot more options.
Lastly, enjoy seeing your new and improved handwriting. Your teachers will be so happy when they can finally read your handwriting
How to Wake Up Early in The Morning
I know a lot of us struggle to wake up early in the morning, either it’s were not a morning person, or we sleep through that alarm, but we need to wake up early for school or wake up to start the day. Here are some ways to wake up early in a better mood and with that “I’m ready to start the day” enthusiasm.
Before you can wake up early in the morning the process starts the night before. The before, you want to make sure that you figure out how many hours of sleep do you need to function throughout the day. By identifying the number of hours, you need to function throughout the day you identify how much sleep will make you focused and happy for the day, it is critical that you get enough sleep or else you’ll be cranky and tired throughout the day. Most importantly you SHOULDN’T depend on coffee to give you energy because it will just make you crash harder, coffee will only give you short burst of energy and then bam, your tired again. Instead try eating a nice and hearty breakfast. Once you have identified the number of hours of sleep you need to function throughout the day, set ONE alarm corresponding with the hours of sleep you need. If for some reason you just can’t sleep, then try journaling. Its more than likely that your staying up from your inner thoughts. To release these inner thoughts, write then down in a notebook, then you can reflect on your inner thoughts, emotions, and moods. If you find yourself going through a social media loophole at night then try leaving your phone across the room, leaving your phone across the room also serves as a bonus because you can make sure you actually wake up. When your alarm goes off you have to stand up and walk to your phone to turn off your alarm, that way you can’t just hit that snooze button. Thank you for reading, I hope this article will help you wake up early in the morning.
Many speculated during the 2019 summer whether PJ Tucker was going to renew his shoe deal with the brand Nike or would agree with another main brand. PJ Tucker, a 35 year-old NBA player who currently plays Power Forward for the Houston Rockets, knowns as the “Sneaker King” among NBA players, was one of the most intriguing shoe deal free agents. On November the 26th 2019, PJ Tucker made his shoe deal with the famous American shoe company Nike. PJ Tucker joins a brand that features many of the NBA’s premier players like LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Paul George among others.
According to Sports reporter Jarrel Harris from Sports Illustrated, who was one of the first to report the news after Tucker announced the Deal on Uninterrupted, “Tucker tole The Crossover earlier this month the factors that would go into his decision: “More than anything, it is just the fit. Something that makes sense. I want to be able to be me but at the same time, I want to create some fun stuff that I want to wear and be with a company that is with me and pushes me to do that as well. There is a lot of different things that goes into that.”
He also dived into every brand he was considering from Nike, Puma, Adidas to Reebok:
“Everybody honestly. Everybody is doing a great job at trying to get their brands going and they all have different ways of getting that across. With all of the collaborations people are doing with the different models people are coming out with like Puma where they only had one basketball shoe last year and now they have three or four. They have bunch of stuff in the pipelines and they do a bunch of stuff with their clothes. Everyone got so much going on, it’s so crazy. Honestly like literally every one of them” (Harris).
Nike’s shoe extension just got better with Tucker’s acquisition. It will be very interesting to see PJ Tucker’s new signature line, especially after being known for his impeccable sense of shoes fashion and that can bring the best out of the up-and-coming shoe market.
Complex. "PJ Tucker Returns For Sneaker Shopping With Complex" Youtube, 21 Oct. 2019,
Harris, J. (2019, Nov 27). Sports Illustarted Online Magazine. Retrieved Dec 7, 2019, from Sports Illustrated.com: